Wednesday, May 26, 2010

James HARGROVE's Slaves' & Family Members' Names


Back in January, I posted one page of three pages that comprise the will of James HARGROVE. Not specified there is that this is James HARGROVE Jr. James Sr was born 1757/8 and died 1817.

For reasons to not violate copyright, I am not publishing the entire content of the will transcription, but I am publishing the names listed in that will in it's entirety. I am also providing the title of the book, maybe you would be able to access via ILL or could order the microfilm from the Family History Library for 75 cents (5 microfiche at .15 per sheet).

Transcribed will of James HARGROVE
FHL book 975.8145 P28 and microfiche 6038344, fiche 3/5
Scanned microfiche and saved by Darlene on 15 May 2009.
Transcribed from scanned copy on 16 May 2009.

Jackson County Georgia
Will Abstracts, Books A & B 1803 - 1888
Transcribed by Faye Stone Poss

Will Book A 1803 - 1860
Faye Stone Poss
Pages 179-181

Will of James HARGROVE dated 14 February 1857 and probated 2 March 1857

SLAVES' names

negro man HARRY
negro man LEWIS
negro man AMIS
negro woman ANNY
negro woman WATTON
a boy JACKSON
a girl NANCY
one negro girl CLEMENTINE
one negro girl AMANDA
one negro girl ARMINDA
(I believe AMANDA & ARMINDA are twins)
a negro girl ADALINE
one negro boy by the name of McNEESE
one man ALEXANDER
a man SIMON (My SIMON!)
a girl ISABELLAR


Family members' names of James HARGROVE

JAMES HARGROVE Jr.
ELISABETH HARGROVE my wife
POLLY PRICKETT
WILLIAM F. HARGROVE my Son
HESTER ANN BUTLER my Dau.
JOHN W. HARGROVE my son
SEABORN Y. HARGROVE my son
HENRY S. HARGROVE my Son
MARTHA R. HUDSON my step Dau.

Executors: Sons, Asbury Hargrove, John W. Hargrove & Seaborn Y. Hargrove.

Witnesses: WBJ Hardman, John N. Prickett & Seaborn M. Shankle


Stay on the lookout. I have another surprise for you. This one is a teaser. Just wait until you see the next one.

I sincerely hope that this and the next post will be of use to someone; geneablogger or not, African American or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment