Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How Many Words Are in You?

Went around visiting other Geneabloggers' pages and found from Dr Bill's page has a link, The 250, 500, 1000 word a day challenge. It's a writing challenge to whatever writing goal you want to set for yourself.

The actual goal I am challenging myself to is 1500 words per week. So If I don't write every day, I'm OK with that. Seeing as how my blogging slowed down last summer, can I anticipate that is going to happen again. Maybe. The goal of only 250 words per day has that possibility built in. This challenge also allows you a day off. That's how I calculated my 1500 words.

You can give yourself a badge if you want. The badge reflects whichever goal you have chosen; 250, 500 or 1000 words per day.

A quote I picked from the says, writing begets writing, Chris Brogan. I hit the link that has Chris' name and it was dead.

I also found recently the 28 day writing challenge on the Armchair Genealogist Page. Not sure I can do that. Well nobody's looking and I could cheat. Yes, that's true, but I would know.

Blogger does not have a word counter widget. See help page. So, I'm going to paste into MS Word and do my counting there.

211 words

No comments:

Post a Comment