Monday, February 15, 2010

2010 GeneaBloggers Games Post 1

Before I brag on my accomplishments so far, I want to congratulate all of the competitors on the creation of some of the most beautiful and creative flags I have ever seen. Even if you aren't competing, you should get over and view the parade of flags.

Winter Games Category 6, Task A: Comment on a new (to you) genealogy blog. See the New Genealogy Blogs tag at GeneaBloggers for the newest blogs.

I'd like to introduce you to Family History Publishing. I was introduced to these folks about two years ago through one of my volunteer coworkers at our local family history center. John was a student at BYU many years ago and according to him, the Stevenson's Genealogy Center products and copy center are staples on campus. Family owned business, very reasonable prices and downright friendly folks.

Today while I was browsing around, I found their publishing tips blog. Hopefully 'whenever' the time comes that I publish my book, they'll still be around and still be reasonable. In the meantime, I can still follow their tips blog.

Ha! This is very sad. I just remembered that I went to their site because somebody wrote on their blog that she was in need of a solution for printing and storing her legal sized pages. This person needed page protectors and this place is the only place I know of that has legal sized page protectors. The sad part: Then I forgot whose blog I was reading. Whoever it was, is a person who'd had all her stuff online and has now decided to store print copies as well. What can I say? It was the first time I'd been to her site. Hopefully, I'll find it again.

Disclaimer: I have no interest in this company or association other than being a potential customer in the future.

Category 4, Task E: Create a surname visualization using Wordle, Word It Out or a similar application. Post the graphic to your blog.

See why I don't participate in Surname Saturday? I'll probably get a couple more in there when I add my database entries. Then I look forward to doing it again. Wordle was a Lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment