Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Blogiversary To Me!


Today is the 1st anniversary of the My Colored Roots blog. I am so happy to have survived a full year. You can see over the summer that I have slowed down my blogging. I noted that, but I didn't stop.

I also noted a few other things, some of which you may have noticed as well. I have posted a couple of blogs here and here that are multi-part articles. I still owe you those posts. In the future, to continue posting multi-part blogs, I will post them all by insuring when I post the first one, that all of them are completely written.

I have known for well over a month that my Blogiversary was coming. Somehow I was thinking it was on the 9th. I look back at my first post and saw it is today. Oh boy. What kind of kewl post do I put up? I wanted to thank my readers, (no, I'm not going to do the Emmy & Oscar thing). I want to thank those who provided me awards, including the ones I have not acknowledged and thank Druscilla Pair at Find Your Folks for dragging me, oops I mean convincing me that I should blog. I already knew that I could blog or should blog. I just needed a compelling reason, that Professor Dru did provide. Paraphrased compelling reason: this blog would be the makings of my book.

You may have seen before the movie War Games with young Matthew Broderick, 1983. Near the end of the clip, young Airman Dougherty(sp) says, "Jesus H Christ! We're still here!"



I am remembering the clip to say, "Hot damn! We're still here!" Oh well, I hope you get the point. We're Still Here!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary, Darlene!
    And we're glad you're still here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary Darlene...here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene,

    Congratulations on hanging in there with your blog for one year. I enjoyed meeting you last year at the Black Summit and am glad that my blog presentation helped you to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogiversary to you! I enjoy your blog and look forward to more writing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene,
    Congratulations as well. I just had my 1st recently, so I know the feeling...we survived. Now I want to know your secret, can I wait 7 days, hope so. Okay, now celebrate your day, and hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogoversary, Darlene - looking forward to reading many more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene Dahling!

    HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY DEAR DARRRRRLEEEEENE, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOUUUU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and Happy 1st Blogiversary to you Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Blogaversary. I totally missed mine. Glad you became part of the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete